Monday, February 18, 2013

Silver linings and a super cool kid!

There are upsides and downsides living in the south, other than the obvious! This week....

On the upside....  Living so close to my mother, she was able to have my son for a visit this past weekend (my fiancé's birthday). She had him make a "Family Love Tree" and "Cupid's Arrows" (see Family Fun Magazine) for us for Valentine's Day. She also had him make sugar cookies which he frosted and decorated for Hunt's (my fiancé) birthday. One of which was a "T" shaped and orange frosted one for our favorite team.. TN Vols! Also, it is February 18th, Presidents' Day.... and was 65 and sunny!

On the downside... employment is hard to come by and hard to keep. The dream job I got last month was just that... A dream that dissipated after a very short time. Due to the economy, they decided to downsize. I've been there about a month and a half and was the last person hired. Soo.... I was the first person to be let go! :(   Most people would freak out. However, since I'm mostly a responsible person, I still have money left over from my tax return, as well as my grant/loan money coming soon. So financially, I'm not too worried.  There's always a silver lining right?


As far as the "Mom" part of my life.... My son (Julian, 6 yrs old, remember?) has informed me that a diamond is actually a "rhombus" and more than one is "rhombi". Also, the American flag used to have 13 stars, now it has 50. And Betsy Ross sewed the first American flag for George Washington, who was our first president.    
I'm sorry but I am pretty sure I DID NOT learn that stuff when I was in Kindergarten!

Ta Ta for now!

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2013 at 5:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I bet you are very proud of your sons accomplishments in kindergarten. I know times have changed. My grandchildren visit and teach me things with their tablets and they are only 4 and 5 years old. As far as the job situation I am sure you will find something else. I bet it will be better than you imagined. I firmly believe things happen for a reason.Good luck with the search!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home